Filmmaker, Video Editor, Motion Graphics Designer, and Photographer in Cairo, Egypt.
Keeping notes to remember.. You may consider it some sort of Documentation.

Stay In Touch

Thursday, December 22, 2011

How To Make Your Photos Look Professional


I'm still a believer that a good photo should be good enough for no photo editing whatsoever! Yet, I found myself sometimes need to make some precious shoots look much better.

So, I've googled for some tricks, and I found a lot for VERY nice ones ;). I'll share what I've leaned her. Each trick per post.

Here's one of the easiest ways to enhance the look of your photo. It' my favorite too :). I cal it...

The Filters:

I guess this technique would work better with photos of quite bad lightning. Where it would need some sharpen.

I'd use this photo of mine to apply the technique on.


This is the original photo without any editing, using a special effect in my camera to have those "spectra".

Step 1: Sharpen the image a bit using the Unsharp Mask [Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask]. Use the values in the following screenshot.


Step 2: Add a Levels Adjustment layer [Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Levels]. When the Levels dialog opens, just click on Auto.


Step 3:  Add a Brightness/Contrast Adjustment layer [Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Brightness/Contrast]. Set the values as in the following screenshot.


Step 4: Add a Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer [Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation]. Set the values as in the following screenshot.


Step 5: Add a Photo Filter Adjustment layer [Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Photo Filter], with the default Warming(85) setting.
Aside: Here, I usually change it to "Color". My favorite color that I usually use is "White". So, it's quite up to you to use whatever you like.


& we're done!!!
Can you see the difference? (Click the picture to enlarge. The original is the right one, the modified is the left one).


Reference:

    0 Comments: